Wednesday, October 10, 2007

HeraldTrib Today: Oct. 10, 2007

The second of three “Meet-n-Greets,” this one with Mike McMenamin, is THIS SUNDAY, 2:00 p.m. at the Arlington Oaks Community Center. Mr. McMenamin is one of two Republicans running for a seat on the county board (two seats are up for grabs). I have met him a couple times in the past, and I must say that even if you do not like his politics, you very well might like him.

This is a great opportunity for you to figure out if you do like his politics. I’m bringing drinks and food, so COME!

The FINAL “Meet-n-Greet” is Monday Oct. 22, 7-9 p.m. with Mary Hynes, the former school board chair making her first run for county board as a Democrat. More on that one next week.

Along those lines, the Friends of South Arlington blog (I believe it hails from the Douglas Park area), has a nice Q&A with the candidates. FOSA sent out and email and then posted the answers. Check it out.

You’ll notice something a little different with the Police Notes today—they’ve gone high-tech with a Google map that points to the block (not the exact address) of each type of crime. You can still read the details of the crime, above the map. Click the pushpins to see the date, crime and block.

I’m working on the color-coding system. Generally, green is the least bad, and red is the worst (thankfully, no reds today). A dot in the center of the pushpin means two charges were filed, according to the police.

Finally, last week I was at an API seminar (thank you Montgomery College for paying), in which we talked about innovative storytelling (especially web-based, hence the Google map). That’s put me behind with everything. So, I’m punting. Barely anything here today, but keep tuned, I’m back and am trying to get reorganized to keep this blog up the what it was last summer. Don’t give up on me yet!

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?