Friday, October 10, 2008

HeraldTrib Today: Oct. 10, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things after a few month hiatus is taking a little more work than expected. I am slowly getting to work on all the back stories in the blog’s hopper, doing so from a basement that looks like we simply emptied a dumptruck down the stairwell.

For now, enjoy the pieces I have below. I will be putting much more together over the coming weeks. Stick with me, people. (Along those lines, I was surprised to see the numbers of readers jumped right back up to pre-hiatus levels. A big thanks to all of you who read, and I will try to keep giving you a blog worth reading. And to Matt!, it’s good to be back; thanks for the kind words.)

One small issue has gotten under my skin:

For the story I just wrote about homeless people sleeping in Lubber Run Park (see the link below), I had to call Det. Crystal Nosal in the Police Department's media relations office. She would not give me the first names of officers I had spoken with, without first getting their approval.

It was a small thing, and I am guessing that had I asked the officers themselves when I spoke with them (as I should have asked), they would have given me their first names. They were both really friendly. Honestly, they may have even said their names and I just missed them.

So this did not seem to be a situation where anyone was hiding, but it just left me feeling a little icky. Det. Steve Gomez and Mr. John Lisle, when they were in the media relations department, gave out names. I am hoping I can convince Det. Nosal to do the same. Names mean a lot to a journalist.


If you can believe this, my townhouse in Buckingham (for those of you who didn’t read two weeks ago, my family and I moved six blocks into Arlington Forest) did not sell over the last two weeks, so I am running the ad again:

This townhouse has a great, sheltered rear courtyard (and fenced patio), large living room and bedrooms, two FULL baths. (Click to enlarge the image.)



The Week’s Headlines…
As always, you can scroll down to see all the recent stories, or simply click the links below (if the link doesn't work, scroll down to find the story, and email to tell me what's busted: heraldtrib@gmail.com --Steve Thurston).

Headlines from Earlier in the Week:

  • Police Focus on Homeless in L.R. Park
  • Summer Flashbacks: Video Warehouse Closes! (This is the first in a series of events that happened while I was on hiatus. --Steve)
  • Labels: ,


    Comments:
    It is necessary to have a better home..And when it comes true in Arlington it makes more pleasure..
     

    Post a Comment





    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?