Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Letter: Clean-Up and Slow Down

Steve,

THANKS for your great community news and information -- so valuable to our community.

I'm writing, as a 15-year Buckingham resident, requesting you to post a plea, reflecting not just my own sentiments but many that I hear from neighbors: Please CLEAN UP and SLOW DOWN, Arlington!

Our local streets are filthy with litter, a lot of it cigarette butts. Please don't litter -- so very inconsiderate -- and clean up the debris surrounding your residence, including the gutters and sidewalks. Our neighborhood is really becoming a mess due to the carelessness and laziness of a few.

And please obey the speed limits, especially on the secondary streets that may not have posted the legal speed limit of 25 MPH. The speeders are endangering the lives of our residents and their pets.

Thank you,
David Giger
Buckingham



Letters and Comments policy:

I welcome emails-to-the-editor (I love to get them) as well as comments posted to stories or letters. I value your opinions whether or not they match my own. I will never edit the meaning of your letter or comment.

Comment on stories three ways: 1,click the story headline, and a comment box appears below the story; 2, click the word "comment" at the bottom of the story, and the comment box appears; 3, email me (please include your full name and neighborhood).

I assume that any email that deals with news or issues of the day is meant for posting to the site, unless I am told otherwise. I will only post letters with full names (and I have to be sure that the email address it came from is owned/controlled by the person at the bottom of the letter).

I will edit letters as little as possible, for space, typos, clarity or other similar corrections. I will remove personal information not necessary to the content from either emails or comments. Comments can be anonymous.

Libelous letters and comments will be removed the instant I see them. --ST

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?